Saturday, November 17, 2012

Duke Basketball vs. Kentucky: 75-68

This was the first meeting between these two teams since 2001.  This was also the first time I saw Duke play this season . . . well, considering it is only their second game it isn't like I'm that late to finally catch a game.

Duke was the better basketball team.  Kentucky has the better players.  And for this game team play beat up on talent.

Honestly, throughout the game it looked like Duke was going to win this game.  What kept Kentucky in the game appeared to be just their great talent.  A swear there were a couple plays where it looked like Kentucky had some power NBA players going.  But at other times, you could tell that you were watching freshman just getting taken advantage of by a veteran team.

As is my constant complaint about Duke:  the team only went 7 deep (Murphy and Jefferson only played a combine 6 minutes so I don't count them as "playing").  I'd really like to see those two get more minutes.