Saturday, June 9, 2012

Now Now, Blondfire and The Colourist at Bootleg

It was off to Bootleg to catch Now, Now, Blondfire and The Colourist. A night of totally new music for me.

The comments of the night were made by Now, Now.  Comment one:  When you hit 22 or 23 it is all downhill. You start getting back spasms. Comment two:  It's cool we told you our ages or you would all be pissed that you came out to see middle schoolers.

It was actually cool to see a young band that was happy.  They appear to love life.  Good for them.

Blondfire had me thinking about Lake.  My serious problem with their set:  I think they only played 20 minutes.  They ended their set at 10:20 p.m.  I was like, seriously?  You have at least another 10 minutes.  Please keep playing.

The Colourist ended the night for me.  Good thing they played a full set or I might have left angry for the night.  The Colourist and Blondfire are playing a combo residency at Bootleg for all of June.  You better check them out.  You won't regret it.


Now Now



Blondfire



The Colourist

No comments: