Sunday, October 16, 2011

Youngblood Hawke, Abbot Kinney and Future Ghost at The Satellite

The Monday rotation took me to The Satellite where I saw Abbot Kinney, Youngblood Hawke and Future Ghost. This was one solid night of music with a variety of genres working it. This mixture doesn't always work, but when you have three awesome bands it works out just fine. Abbot Kinney started the night off for me with (as they describe themselves) a chill wave/piano rock sound. Youngblood Hawke gave us their dance driven rock sound. They remind me of a mix between Eastern Conference Champions and last month's Satellite residency band, Big Black Delta. And ending the night for me, one of my favorites, Future Ghost; rocking hard throughout their set.


Abbot Kinney



Youngblood Hawke



Future Ghost

No comments: