Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Child, Cameras, Papercranes and Guineafowl at The Echo

It was off to The Echo to catch one of my favorite bands, The Child, along with their favorite co-mates,
Papercranes. Along the way I came across two Australian based bands, Guineafowl and Cameras.

First to hit the stage was Guineafowl.  Per Wikipedia, Guineafowl is a type of bird that is native to Africa.  Now I don't know why an Australian band would name themselves after an African bird.  After re-listening to their songs on Youtube, I still don't get the connection.  The bird is ugly, their music is not.  The Child hit the stage next.  They had the funny interaction of the night:  "Papercranes are next."  Response, "We love all the bands playing tonight."  Reply, "No we don't."  This was my third time seeing this band.  Love them.  Papercranes followed.  And guess who was dancing in front of the stage:  Lauren and Holly from The Child.  I was going to head home after Papercranes -- my midnight rule -- but I decided to stick around.  How many times would I get to see Cameras again?  I'm happy I stayed.  Lead singer Elanor Dunlop's vocals just keep you in wonder.

A great night of music.

Guineafowl





The Child




Papercranes



Cameras



A special thanks to The Echo for allowing me to photograph this night.

No comments: