Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Movie Review: Bridesmaids

Bridesmaids. Perhaps the best movie that came out in the early part of the summer movie season. When I first saw a trailer of the movie, I thought it was going to be about Annie (Kristen Wiig) and her jealousy that her best friend Lillian (May Rudolph) was getting married. I guess I misinterpreted the trailer. It has nothing to do with that. It is a movie about the misadventures (caused by Annie) as Lillain prepares for her wedding. Yes, this is a female-centric movie, but I have to admit that as a non-female I loved it.

Best thing about this movie: in the end, no one is really portrayed as an evil person. They could have easily made Helen (Rose Byrne) into an evil witch, but they didn’t. Yes, she does play mean once with Annie, but even in that situation it isn’t something that one would consider horrible – almost like someone who is essentially a good person pushing things a touch too far.

No comments: