Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Jail Weddings and The Like at The Echo

First off, my editor over at intraffik.com wasn't able to secure me a photo pass for The Echo (which requires one) so unfortunately no photos for the night.

Anyways, it was off to catch Jail Weddings and The Like at The Echo.

I got there around 10 p.m. It was already getting crowded. One of my friends was supposed to meet me at The Echo. I was worried that she wouldn't be able to get into the venue.

Jail Weddings went on shortly after 10 p.m. It doesn't take long for the lead singer to engage the audience. The band got it going from the start though they did have some technical difficulties with the lead singer's microphone that slowed down the set just briefly. At one point, I noticed that the lead singer had left the stage, drinking some water while the rest of the band led the way.

Comment one of the night from Jail Weddings: I'd like to ask the band and you, who is insanely depressed at the moment.

Not me, I say, because I was getting to see Jail Weddings.

Comment two of the night from Jail Weddings: This song goes out to the guy who changed the 'L' to 'D' on all the Like posters on Sunset.

Jail Weddings ended their set with the lead singer going down into the audience and starting a mosh pit.

My friend showed up just in time to catch the last couple songs of Jail Weddings. We then waited for The Like as the venue started to get even more crowded. The Like has been around for awhile, I was told by my friend, but this was the first time I was seeing them. This is an all chick band though the lead singer had a broken left arm (sprained???) and so she mentioned: We're having a boy on stage for the first time in nine years. (A friend was taking over guitar duties.)

This band has pop sensibilities with a lead singer who has a very bubbly personality. They'll be playing at Silverlake Jubilee. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch their set and post some photos up on a future blog.

And as we were leaving, we noticed a line of folks waiting to get inside. Yes indeed, The Echo was packed.

No comments: