Thursday, December 6, 2007

Upcoming Pittsburgh Steelers v. New England Patriots

From the AP, "Steelers vs. Patriots: Tomlin says this isn't Appalachian State vs. Michigan," by Alan Robinson.

This game has been on the Pittsburgh Steelers' minds for weeks and, finally, they can talk about it. The Steelers (9-3) are convinced they can ruin New England's perfect season, and they were secretly rooting for the Patriots (12-0) to stay unbeaten so they would have a chance to do exactly that Sunday in Foxborough.

My comment: I don't think it was just the Steelers who secretly rooted for the Patriots to remain unbeaten -- up to this point. I think Steelers fans were also hoping for the same thing. I suspect, at least I feel this way, is that the Steelers don't necessarily have the greatest chance in the world to give the Patriots their poke in the eye, but we surely want to the chance at giving it to them.

No comments: