Friday, September 28, 2012

Summer 2012 movies

My Summary of the 2012 Summer movies that I caught.

Highly Recommend

1.  ParaNorman

Fun

2.  Dark Knight Rises
3.  Snow White and the Huntsman
4.  Moonrise Kingdom
5.  The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
6.  Marvel's The Avengers
7.  The Intouchables
8.  The Expendables 2
9.  Ted
10.  Ruby Sparks

Okay

11.  Prometheus
12.  Premium Rush
13.  Safety Not Guaranteed
14.  Men in Black III

Neutral

15.  Hope Springs
16.  The Amazing Spider-Man
17.  Beasts of the Southern Wild

Not for Me

18.  Brave
19.  Savages
20.  The Campaign

I took a look at my 2011 movie rankings.  I saw a similar number of movies.  Twenty this year and twenty-one last year.  I think both years are weighted about equally when it comes to good and bad movies -- that I saw, of course.  I will say this though, last year I thought there were a number of movies that I felt deserved an Oscar nod.  This year, I'm not sure any of the movies I saw deserve an Oscar nod.  I loved ParaNorman, but I'm not sure that this is an Oscar level film.  Dark Knight Rises was fun and good, but I think an Oscar nominated movie should have less plot holes.  I know critics loved Beasts of the Southern Wild, but I wasn't sold.

No comments: