Wednesday, October 16, 2019

The Hi Hat: Cat Scan, Susan and Traps PS

It was a double album release party with both Cat Scan and Susan celebrating similar accomplishments. I'd just recently seen Cat Scan at Happy Sundays Long Beach. Over 3 years had passed since I last saw Susan. In fact, I saw Susan three years plus ago at The Hi Hat. As having just seen Cat Scan, I was more than ready for the chaotic beauty. What I was surprised to learn was that lead singer David moved out of Los Angeles. Per LA Record, he moved to San Diego. I wonder what that means for Cat Scan? As for Susan, I knew I loved them the first time I saw them, but since so many years had passed, I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. What I got was some awesome garage rock/punk sounds. And no, as I learned back in 2016, no one in the band is named Susan.

Can Scan

Susan

Opening up the night was Traps PS.

Traps PS

No comments: