Monday, July 29, 2019

El Cid: Rambling Ways, Man Akin, MRCH, Beck Pete, Annabel Lee

El Cid must have double booked their Sunday, because the bands/artists on a recent Sunday afternoon got rushed like nothing I've seen recently. I don't think any of the bands/artists got more than 20 minutes. Rambling Ways might have gotten 10 minutes.

Anyways, there was some cool music. Annabel Lee opened the afternoon for me with some slamming piano tunes. She got things off with some big time jazz tunes.

Annabel Lee

Beck Pete came up next with some alto singer songwriter sounds.

Beck Pete

MRCH is a band I'd seen previously. They're from Phoenix and have some cool electronic beats.

MRCH

MAN AKIN had some smooth pop sounds.

MAN AKIN

Rambling Ways has to be one of my favorite bands that I've come across in 2019. There's just this subtle and beautiful mingling of jazz, RnB, and pop. Just so wonder and they were only given about 10 minutes on stage. Even the folks setting up for the next event wanted the music to continue.

Rambling Ways

No comments: