Monday, April 23, 2018

Ramonda Hammer with Livingmore and illuminati hotties at the Echoplex

The most important debate that I was having with myself was: when will the bands start their sets? There were five bands playing Ramonda Hammer's 2nd residency night. Usually, there are 4 bands playing with the first set time at 9:15 p.m. I decided to show up at around 8:45 p.m. to see if that would work out. I obviously didn't get the memo. I walked in and there was a nice crowd already inside and the first band up was half way through their set.

My first full band set was illuminati hotties, which was a band that another photographer was there to see. That got me interested. The photographer mentioned something about them being a full of energy band. Then they started their set. The first song started on a very mellow pace. I was like, "What's this photographer talking about?" It didn't take long for the band to drive it up a couple notches. It was a fun set.

illuminati hotties
Livingmore is a band I've seen a handful of times. I figured I knew what to expect from the band, a bit of country influenced tunes with a charismatic lead. For this set, they turned down the country and went full on rock. It was awesome.

Livingmore
Ramonda Hammer is a band I last saw in late 2016. I'd noticed them playing around town, but never got to head out to their set. Well, they are the residency band for April at The Echo and since I love residency bands, I had no excuse. What did I notice: I guess they were doing eye glasses night. The lead singer was wearing eye glasses. At one point during the set she tossed the glasses off her face and it landed in front of her. Another band mate was in constant movement and my eyes kept looking at the glasses, seeing how close his foot would come to smashing the glasses. I don't believe the glasses were of any real value so all was good either way. The breaking of the eye glasses never happened for those interested.

Ramonda Hammer

No comments: