Sunday, May 21, 2017

Sister Mantos, Aye Nako and Potty Mouth at The Hi Hat

It was a variety of sounds at The Hi Hat a couple Mondays ago. Sister Mantos hit the stage with their Latin rock sounds. There was a cow bell and stylish dance twirls. There was also a song that the band plays at quinceaneras. What did I notice: I nearly got knocked over the head by falling cymbals. In fact, a fellow photographer had to save my skull. All good.

Aye Nako came in from Brooklyn, NY. They're good friends with Potty Mouth. This band trades off their lead vocals. Memories were shared between Aye Nako and Potty Mouth: one being where they were on the the bill together, but Potty Mouth had to leave before their set, because Abby had her high school classes the next day. What did I notice: they were all rocking the short shorts.

Potty Mouth is the reason why I showed up for this night. I'd seen them earlier in the year and was eager to catch them again. They gave us their rocking best.

Potty Mouth's comment of the set:

Ally: I almost twisted my ankle again. I'm getting old at 29.

Abby: You mean you were doing a cool dance move.

Potty Mouth Hi Hat 2

No comments: