Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Calvin Love with Alyeska, Fatal Jamz and Shannon Lay at the Bootleg Theater

It was off to the Bootleg Theater to catch their residency night featuring Calvin Love. Shannon Lay from Feels started the night off. It reminded me of my first night during my New Zealand vacation. I was walking around and came across this music venue where folks were in a circle, singing. Her set was such a unique difference from Feels.

Fatal Jamz reminded me of watching Rocky Horror Picture Show. Yes, a lounge singer singing while the "acting" is going on.

Calvin Love is the residency artist for May. I say it was like watching Chandler Bing (Friends) going crooner versus the humor guy among his friends.

Alyeska had the quote of the night, "Feel sympathy towards me. I've had hardly any sleep over the last two days." She's out their proving that Gen Z is ready to take their place in the Los Angeles music scene. Also, couldn't help but notice how excited she got when she saw someone in the audience wearing a Dinosaur Jr t-shirt.

Bootleg May 17

No comments: