Sunday, March 5, 2017

GiGi Gash, Sugar Fly, Rebel and a Basketcase and New Evil at The Satellite

Over a week back on a Thursday night, I had great fun at The Satellite. GiGi Gash hit the stage with some spooky sounds and fireball lights. Sugar Fly gave one energetic performance. Sweat was pouring by the end. It was galvanizing. Then there was Rebel and a Basketcase. This was my first time seeing them perform though I almost went to see them at the Bootleg Theater. They're a band not to miss. Evan Rachel Wood knows how to connect with the audience. My amusing moment: she kept calling her fans unicorns. I kept thinking, "Why is she comparing them to Silicon Valley tech companies?" New Evil was doing their record release party. They didn't hold back. They had friends playing different characters throughout their set. Though I did half wonder if one of the "characters" nearly got into a fight with someone in the audience. The wrestling seemed a bit intense for a few moments.

The Satellite Feb 2017

No comments: