Sunday, June 1, 2014

A Movie Review: Godzilla

Godzilla. I enjoyed this movie even though I didn't understand parts of it.  Spoilers.

Examples:

If Joe Brody (Bryan Cranston), who I assume was an American citizen living in Japan, was arrested for illegally entering a highly secure zone: why wasn't he immediately deported back to America versus having his son Ford Brody (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) come pick him up and take him to his apartment in Japan?

What was the connection between the M.U.T.O. nest (eggs) and the massive skeleton at the beginning of the movie?

You'd think you'd have a much stronger barrier around the M.U.T.O egg years later knowing how the parent brought down a nuclear plant.  Japan's security was a joke.  At least the Americans had their egg in a massive bunker.

Did this movie do anything with the acting skills of Elizabeth Olsen?  No.  I do hope she got paid well.

So a massive nuclear missile is used to destroy the M.U.T.O.  It backfires.  The time is ticking.  They decide to put it on a boat with 5 minutes left and send it out into the Pacific Ocean to explode.  I really doubt a boat could travel far enough out into the Pacific Ocean in 5 minutes without still causing the total destruction of San Francisco.  Maybe Oakland gets saved, but I suspect San Francisco would get burnt to the ground.  I could be totally wrong, but I'm thinking I'm not.

With all the issues I had with this movie, I still enjoyed myself.

No comments: