Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Big Black Delta at The Satellite

Big Black Delta was the headline band at The Satellite on a recent Saturday night.  A little over a year ago I saw them at The Satellite for their residency.  Just like a year ago, their fans were wild for them on this night. In fact, I was a little worried that I might end up with a black eye as the guy beside me was moving his head in a manner that could potentially have cause some damage.

It is interesting how certain memories pop up.  As a photographer, it is seriously difficult to photograph this band.  They like the stage lights off and replace it with their own strobe light show.  A number of times my camera photographed nothing but black.  Hey, it makes it interesting as a photographer.  Memories:  I remember last year there were two or three other photographers and one talking about how she was sneaking in the flash, hoping that no one would tap her on the shoulder to tell her to stop.

The below photo, no flash, just light timing.

No comments: