Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Orange Umbrella at Silverlake Lounge

After skipping two Mondays, I was back out catching Los Angeles bands around Silverlake/Echo Park. Reason for skipping out the past two Mondays? Well, last week, Culture Collide took a lot out of me so I decided to stay at home. Anyways, it was out and about on this Monday and I headed over to Silverlake Lounge where I caught Orange Umbrella.

Now one of my assumptions was that only singer-songwriters from Europe/Australia have band names while Americans go by their own name.  Well, that assumption got blown out of the water on this night as Josh Rowley is playing as Orange Umbrella.  Of course, one such example does not destroy a theory, right?

Did I enjoy my first Monday set in two weeks?  Yes, I did.

Lyric of the set:  Hold me now, don't you let me fall down.


 

No comments: