Tuesday, April 9, 2019

AEROS music videos at Club Bahia with Barrie Rose, Aimee Lay and Strange Phases

Sometimes bands or artists send me DMs on Instagram asking me to catch their sets. I don't get offers that often from special events. Well, I recently got an invitation to catch the AEROS premiere, which is a series of videos put together by various local musicians/bands. I decided to head over after taking a look at the lists of performers and saw that Barrie Rose was on the list. I last saw her way back in 2016 at Make Music Pasadena. That made my decision to agree to catch the video premiere. Also, I have to admit, I was a little intrigued by the venue it was being held at, Club Bahia. I've never been there, but they seem to "like" a lot of my Instagram photos.

Barrie Rose

Also, performing that night were Strange Phases and Aimee Lay I'd never heard of Strange Phases. And I've actually seen Aimee Lay's name listed around town, but had never had a chance to catch a set.
Aimee Lay

Admittedly, the sets for all three artists were short and sweet, but I'm happy I went. It is always nice to go someplace different, support a vision and see some local musicians perform.

Strange Phases

No comments: