Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Jim Wilson and Rocco DeLuca at Zebulon

I wanted to catch Rocco DeLuca at Zebulon. I decided to show up at around 9:45 p.m. even though it was mentioned that the music would start at 9 p.m. Why? Well, the previous time I headed off to Zebulon, it was mentioned that the music would start at 9 p.m., but the first band didn't go on until 10 p.m. And would you know it, I probably missed half of Rocco DeLuca's set. What I did catch was a minimalist sound, almost passive. It was beautiful. I was kicking myself for not coming earlier.

Rocco DeLuca

Jim Wilson was the headliner. His set went through three phases. First were a couple songs in a singer-songwriter mode. Then he hit some rock notes. Then he went for soul. It was a jamming time.

What I noticed: Jim Wilson's set almost ended before it began. Rocco DeLeuca asked Jim to join him on stage for a song. After the song, Jim headed off stage and tripped while stepping off. Close call.

Jim Wilson

No comments: