Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Blank Tapes with Veronica Bianqui and Avid Dancer at The Echo

The brilliant thing about the Los Angeles Music Scene is that if you miss an artist/band one night, you're able to catch their next set within a month or so. I happened to miss Veronica Bianqui during Lauren Ruth Ward's residency as I was starting to feel ill and had to leave. And so I was eager to catch her during the Blank Tapes' residency. She played a shorted set out on The Echo patio.

Veronica Bianqui
Avid Dancer hit the stage inside The Echo. His drummer was on tour so he took his place behind the drums for this set. I also learned a piece of information that I didn't know prior: his wife used to front a band called Banta, a band I saw a couple times a few years back.

Avid Dancer
Blank Tapes closed out the night for me. I still couldn't help but think 70's psychedelic music. The lights via Stranger Liquids helped in the cause.

Blank Tapes
I loved how this night was about musicians backing each other up. Matt from Blank Tapes backed up Veronica Bianqui. Veronica Bianqui backed up Blank Tapes. Brandon from Dream Phases backed up Avid Dancer and Blank Tapes.

No comments: