Sunday, August 13, 2017

Chinatown Summer Nights: Lucy and La Mer, Chris Price, Wait. Think. Fast. and isle&fever

It was off for the 2nd Chinatown Summer Nights of 2017. This time I showed up early to catch Lucy and La Mer. Funny story. I was hanging out at the Echoplex a couple weeks ago and the lead singer of the band came up to me, thinking I was someone else. Well, that encounter ended up with me showing up at their set. That's one way to get a photographer to show up at a future set. Chris Price gave us some breezing singer songwriter music. I couldn't help but notice that he placed his guitar on the keyboard stand and played it like pedal steel guitar. Wait. Think. Fast. is a band that I last caught way back when. After their set, I did some research on the band and learned that they had briefly moved to New York and recently returned to Los Angeles. isle and fever closed out the night for me with some dance vibes.

Chinatown Aug 17

No comments: