Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Hunny and Mount Saint at Chinatown LA

It was off to celebrate the Chinese New Year's at Chinatown Los Angeles.  This meant catching Hunny and Mount Saint.  Hunny had the young girls cramming the front of the stage.  Their earnest rhythms got one girl feeding the lead singer orange slices.  After their set, I think every girl there got a photo with various band members.  Mount Saint was the main reason I headed down to Chinatown.  I saw them previously at the Bootleg HiFi.  There really is something just mystical in their sound.  Enchanting.  I will admit I found myself at times counting how many times lead singer Brittany tapped her right foot before bringing down the left.

Footnote:  instead of dealing with the traffic, I went with the metro Gold Line.  Of course, I drove to the Gold Line.  Part of me was thinking, "I'm really not doing anything for the environment.  All I'm doing is saving myself the hassle of having to find parking in Chinatown."  Oh well.

Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: