I last saw a full Julez and the Rollerz's set in May 2025. I did see about two-thirds of their set three months later at Happy Sundays Long Beach. What was up with the band during that time gap? They released their debut album Dirty Little Rock 'n' roller. (Where's the 'z' in that album title?) They had an album release part at Zebulon and will be doing an 8 stop tour on the East Coast come September. For those in Los Angeles, you'll have an opportunity to catch them on August 30th (Sunday) at Echo Park Rising (yes, they're officially expanding to two days after a couple years of just holding the festival on Saturdays -- though there were unofficial sets being held on Fridays and Sundays).
| Julez and the Rollers at The Fable |
I've seen this band at least once each year since 2022 (I saw them for the first time at Happy Sundays) and so to keep my fan credentials current, I had to catch a set in 2026. It so happened that In Sonic Dreams was hosting the band at The Fable. And hey, it was on a Sunday.
| Julez and the Rollers at The Fable |
| Julez and the Rollers at The Fable |
The band mentioned that their promotional material is giving off Panic! At The Disco vibes. I'm really off there when it comes to my assumptions. I thought they were going for 17th century Dutch fashion mixed in with French parlor costumes.
The song spotlight goes to the final song of the night "I Need Love" that had the crowd clapping to the rhythm set by lead singer Jules Batterman. A rocking song that gives drummer Sparks the opportunity to solo from the back-line. "Thank you, have a great night." Ha ha, that song took perhaps a half hour to get myself calmed down into sleep mode. Whatever difficulty I had falling asleep was more than made up by a memory of a fun set. I survived the work week so all ended well.
| Julez and the Rollers at The Fable |
It takes a lot for you to loosen me up I guess
Setlist: Phaser, I Don't Know You, New Connection, Sorry I'm Just a Waste of Time, Call Me Up, Bring It On, Always Hard 4 U, I Need Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment