Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Cellars with Dzang, Banta and Saro at The Echo

Another free night for the first week of January.

Dzang was the first band up at The Echo. Their soundcloud indicates a band with very experimental tastes. Their set; however, would have fit right in at Hotel Cafe. For being first up, there was a large crowd of supporters.

Banta. This is one of those moments where I say, "Time flies." This is the third time I've seen this band. The last time I saw them was at The Satellite, two years ago. They breezed through their country/folk set.

Saro had the crowd excited. His fans were pressed up to the stage. I stood by a group of folk who were friends/acquaintances. So one young lady had her hair in a bun. An acquaintance of her's reached out and squeezed the bun. The young lady looked around and briefly looked at me. I was like, "Not me." Saro came on stage and hit us with his soulful sound.

Cellars, my number one pick for my best "new" band of 2016. She didn't disappointed. Her sound has that dance hook that keeps you bouncing. She destroyed her keyboard in her second to last song. She decided to call it quits there, but her fans demanded she finish up her set.

Cellars The Echo Jan 17

No comments: