Thursday, January 29, 2015

Low Volts and The Fontaines at Silverlake Lounge

It was off to Silverlake Lounge to catch The Fontaines one more time before the end of their residency.  First up for me, Low Volts.  This one man band reminded me of Snakearm (formally known as Restavrant).  There was some awesome blues rock.  The music is like the man:  rugged and intense.  As the set was coming to a close, he was ready to finish with two final songs, but he didn't get to his final song.  He ended up breaking two strings on his guitar.  Yep, intense.



The Fontaines.  My second time seeing them and I wished they'd gone a couple songs longer.  There are a few things you start noticing while catching a band for the second time.  Brother Hank has some animated facial expressions.  Sister Charlotte has a sultry voice for one so young.  And like I mentioned the first time I wrote about this band, their fans are a young and colorful crowd.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: