Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Movie Review. Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa

Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa. Irving Zisman (Johnny Knoxville) is taking his grandson, Billy (Jackson Nicoll), on a roadtrip. Billy's mother has to serve time in jail so Irving is taking Billy to his father.

Okay, that's the movie plot that highlights the antics of Johnny Knoxville.  Though I wouldn't consider this a great movie, there are enough comedy skits that make this a well-worth movie to watch.  At times, I was in tears.  I just wonder which parts of the movie were filmed with unknown individuals versus paid actors/actresses.  For example, there is a cute scene where Billy is playing finger wrestling with a young woman.  I noticed on IMDB that she is an actress.  The end credit scenes provide some clues on which ones were done in front of unknowing individuals, but I'd really like to know about all the skits.  The scene I'd really like to know about is when Irving calls in a couple moving guys to help move a bed, but instead he asks them to move the dead body of his wife.

Also, I'd love to see the outtakes.  I wonder how many folks made the effort to call or wave down a cop.  For example, Billy goes around in one city asking men if they'd be willing to be his father.  I wonder if any of those guys attempted to call or wave down a cop and were stopped by the filming crew.  It might actually be an interesting psychology experiment that I'm sure has been done already.




No comments: