Saturday, August 3, 2013

A Restaurant Review: Souley Vegan in Oakland

Souley Vegan:  The first time I went I wasn't totally sold on the food.  I got a 3 item plate:  Southern fried tofu, mac and cheese, and cornbread.  I really loved the mac and cheese, but wasn't sold on the Southern fried tofu or the cornbread.  The owner was super nice; however.  I decided to go back and switched up my selections.  I got the BBQ tofu, black eye peas, and biscuits and gravy.  I was totally sold.  So my opinion:  skip the Southern fried tofu.

When I got there around 7 p.m., there was a line out the door to order food at the counter.  The line quickly died down to the point where a person coming in could go right up to the counter.  Then I took a brief walk around the area.  As I was heading back to the BART, the line was once again out the door.  Two distinct waves of hungry eaters.  Why am I mentioned this?  I don't know, I just found it interesting.



No comments: